Sunday, April 28, 2013

Shoepocalypse and DIY Shoe Rack

I know it's been waaaaaayyyy too long and I blame work and running a business for that :(

Sooooo....my favorite vice is shoes, more specifically heels. Even with separate walk in closets, there still wasn't enough room. I bought a fifty pair shoe rack from Amazon and it held up well for about six months!

Then one day CRASH! Shoepocalypse had happened!


I pondered purchasing another shoe rack but I'd need at least two to hold all my heels. Soooo after a brainstorming session with my best friend, I decided to use curtain rods! They are cheap and I can use as many as I need! I used 48 inch long ones for less than $2 from Wal Mart.

Voila
DIY shoe rack! Install like you normally would. I reinforced in the center with a curtain rod support (6 for $1). I have 10 rows and am holding about 88 pairs of heels. My tennis shoes and flats are on the otherwise of the closet. I used curtain clips to hang my most used boots. The other thirty pairs are stored flat under the bed. I think I have a problem with shoes!















No comments:

Post a Comment